Large Medical Billing Company is currently seeking an entry level Medical Billing Specialist with some AR experience for our Hamilton, New Jersey office. We are willing to training the right candidates!! (convenient to the Trenton Area)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, researching denied claims, insurance follow-up, and patient account follow-up as well as identifying trends or patterns with denials and/or non-payments.
Join rotation of employees who take customer service calls regarding outstanding payments and bills and work to provide timely and professional service to those callers.
Hours will be 8:00-4:00, Monday to Friday.
The successful candidates will also possess:
- Proficiency in Word & Excel (creation of spreadsheets)
- Ability to navigate payor-specific websites for verification & payment information/investigation of claims
- Self-direction, ability to be logical, detail-oriented and the ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Entry level medical billing a plus. THIS IS NOT A CODING POSITION, however medical terminology and coding experience is a plus!
- High school diploma
- Preferably one year's experience working in medical billing with Medicare, Self-Pay, and Private Pay insurances.
- Working knowledge of Windows OS, web-based programs, and Microsoft Office.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and coding, helpful but not required.
- The candidate should have experience with EHR/EMR billing.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- STD, LTD and Life Insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Business Casual working environment
- Employee Discount Programs
- Room for growth and advancement