About HealthPro Medical Billing, Inc.
HealthPro Medical Billing is the trusted business partner of choice for radiology and pathology practices, as well as imaging centers and other healthcare service providers throughout the United States. Now in business for over 30 years, our success is fully dependent on the service and results we provide our clients and the integrity we demonstrate along the way. Because building and maintaining client trust is essential to our business, we seek out talented medical billing professionals who share our commitment to quality.
We are looking for dynamic individuals to be a part of our team. We offer a flexible work schedule, competitive compensation and benefits, and a work-life balanced environment.
HealthPro Medical Billing in Lima, OH is seeking a Medical Billing Department Manager to oversee the Cash Management Department (payment posting, refunds, and mail processing).
Medical Billing Department Manager Summary of Responsibilities:
- Promotes efficiency, productivity, and best practices to ensure integrity of data.
- Maintains and accepts ownership and confidentiality of high level, overall information of clients, staff, and operations.
- Interacts and receives feedback and direction from mentor(s) and company leadership.
- Initiates feedback and suggestions for opportunities of improvement; seeks out solutions for problems.
- Assists with and understands day-to-day functions of the department; post and balance payments, balance RDC, research and problem solve accounts, verify direct deposits, coordinate daily work flow, management of mailroom functions, and assign daily tasks while maintaining segregation of duties.
- Works with our Finance team to ensure compliance of team work functions by researching authoritative financial industry and billing industry resources.
- Demonstrates excellent communication (written and verbal), problem solving, and project management skills working with other teams, payors, client contacts, facility staff, and vendors of HealthPro via email, conference calls, in person meetings, webinars, etc.
- Accountable for the daily prioritization and monitoring of workload and tasks to ensure timely completion.
- Assists team members with questions and complex claim and industry regulation issues including regulation research when needed for resolution.
- Reviews team member work for quality assurance with data integrity and client impact in mind and provides team with timely and constructive feedback.
- Partners with other departments as needed to improve current process and to implement new processes and vendor functions.
- Develops and monitors department policies, procedures, work instructions, and guidelines.
- Organizes client specific information to aid team members for maximum accuracy and quality processes.
- Identify and control risk to prevent fraud and educate team members and company leadership about industry regulations and compliance best practices.
- Establishes and manages Expected Performance Output (EPO) goals for individual team members and provides timely feedback to be incorporated into the annual review process.
- Assist team members in pairing their skills and talents with functional work opportunities for best outcome for the company, client, and team member satisfaction.
- Review team members vacation requests and time clock management.
- Assess team staffing needs with for proper coverage of core team functions with team goals and company growth in mind.
- Administer team meetings as needed for overall department health and strong inter- and intra-department communication outcomes.
- Escalate multi-department and client impacting concerns to appropriate team members within the company with professional status updates, resolution options, and documented research.
- Assists in evaluating new technology & tools to enhance efficiencies and compliance
- Develops and presents internal client and team reporting and trending when applicable
- Provides vision and strategic planning for team at a department and corporate level.
- Experience utilizing problem solving and analytical skills with complex data
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal to articulate complex information in an audience appropriate educational way
- Motivated and versatile learner with an aptitude for assimilating information and research effectively
- Highly organized with ability to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated, consistent professional presence with the ability to adapt to evolving needs and situations
- Intermediate or advanced use of in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and ability to learn new software products with excellent aptitude
- Ability to build and leverage mutually beneficial relationships
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
Education and/or Experience
Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Healthcare Management or related area of study is required, and CPA is preferred. Three to five years of leadership and industry related work experience required. Experience with medical billing/collections policies and procedures, third party payments, and government payer regulations desired. Equivalent combinations of work experience and education will be considered.